The Fifty Shades of Grey adaptation doesn’t hit theaters until February 13, 2015, but we’ve already shifted our focus to the sequel. Or rather, the possible A-lister starring in it.
Rumor has it that reality TV star-turned-legit model Kendall Jenner is currently in talks to star in the second installment of the film series: Fifty Shades Darker. Like many a model before her, the 18-year-old is looking to get into the acting game, and lucky for her, she’s already caugth the eye of a major Hollywood director. According to Grazia magazine, Sam Taylor-Johnson, the director of the trilogy’s first installment, is a huge fan of Keeping Up With The Kardashians and has her eyes set on Kendall.
“She’s fascinated by her and expressed interest in her appearing in the first film but it didn’t happen,” a source close to the director told Grazia. ‘It wouldn’t be a major role but would certainly be a foot in the door of Hollywood.” The meeting between studio execs and Kendall is said to have gone “really well,” though Kendall will reportedly not sign on until Johnson is confirmed as the director.
Meanwhile, the up-and-comer is currently busy gearing up for her second New York Fashion Week, having been spotted out at castings with fellow celeb-turned-model Hailey Baldwin earlier this week. Of course, we’ll just have to wait to see which top-tier shows Kendall booked this season when fashion week officially kicks off tomorrow! Stay tuned — there’s so much more to come!