See the full slideshow on modelinia.com
Chrissy Teigen was quick to share photos of the first two dresses in her breathtaking trio of wedding gowns, and yet, has managed to keep the third a secret— that is until now!
The gorgeous Sports Illustrated model shared a photo of her final wedding gown from her September nuptials to hubby John Legend, revealing a ravishing red Vera Wang creation.” Shared via Instagram on Wednesday, the photo was aptly captioned, “the red,” and features a giggly Chrissy posing in the strapless dress next to her husband as the couple’s wedding guests look on in adoration no doubt.
Just before the wedding, Chrissy revealed to E! News that would be sporting three dresses for her Lake Cuomo nuptials. ”Every time I went in [to Vera Wang] for a fitting, I couldn’t stop getting one,” said the blushing bride. ”it’s just too pretty.” A girl can never have too many wedding dresses, right? Especially with famous faces Brooklyn Decker, Kanye West and Stevie Wonder in attendance.
We for one can’t enough of the newlyweds who give a personal glimpse into their love life in John Legend’s new music video for, “All of Me.” In the clip for the track off his recently released album, “Love in The Future,” the two lovers can be seen in a series of steamy scenes in bed and in the shower as well as a short, sweet snippet at the end from their recent nuptials in Lake, Como Italy. Can you say awww? We’re so happy for the two lovebirds and couldn’t be more obsessed with them or his video below:
With Paris Fashion Week coming to an end, we can’t help but reminisce over the ooh-la-la moments we loved over the past few weeks. Christian Dior had one of the most impressive guest lists and was the show to be seen at, especially in the front row. From supermodels, artists to fashion bloggers and socialites, all gathered at the famous French Museum Rodin ogle over the floral prints with a punk twist ensembles. Among the A-list crowd, a Russian beauty caught our eye, Natalia Vodianova! We spotted her front row at Christian Dior with fellow off-duty model Eva Herzigova reveling in the flower power of the Spring/Summer 2014 collection from designer Raf Simons.
The brunette kept her look super simple and chic,wearing a navy Dior navy tie-neck jumpsuit styled with Dior silver sandals and a stark-white Dior clutch. Tying her look together, Natalia painted her eyes with blue eyeshadow to match her navy blue look . With a look as flawless as this, we’ve almost completely forgotten about Paris Fashion week—not quite, but nonetheless too chic! To score Natalia’s latest winning ensemble, check out our style picks in the slideshow below:
See the full slideshow on modelinia.com
1. Painterly Prints: Art and fashion collided in the most spectacular of ways this season, with designers like Karl Lagerfeld, Kenzo’s Humberto Leon and Carol Lim, Celine’s Phoebe Philo and Elie Saab all presenting a new era of gallery girls to admire. Much like the city’s famous galleries, the designer’s Spring ’14 looks drew their inspiration from a multitude of sources, meaning there is a piece for every art aficionado out there. At Chanel, Lagerfeld showed frocks that played with bright, swatch-like patterns, while Philo looked to Italian graffiti art from the 1930s for her collection’s inspiration. Get ready to curate a closet full of masterpieces!
2. Luxe Metallics: Forget minimalism, designers want you to shine bright for Spring 2014! Megawatt metallics in shades of gold, silver, bronze and gem tones ruled the runways in Paris this week, popping up at Lanvin, Givenchy, Saint Laurent, Maiyet and Dries Van Noten to name a few. What made these reflective pieces stand out wasn’t necessarily their color, but rather their luxe finishes. Rich brocades, opulent lamés and stunning gold embroidery made these shiny wares luxe and perfect for a hot summer night out.
3. Full, Flowing Skirts: Voluminous, ladylike skirts flooded the runways in Paris, providing a much-needed balance to all of those crop tops we’ve been seeing as of late. The new calf-grazing hemlines were spotted at Celine, Christian Dior, Vionnet and Jean Paul Gaultier among others, and ran the gambit from printed and cutout to ultra-sheer and sculptural. Take a note from the ladies of Rochas or Valentino, and pair the fuller skirts with a crisp button down, or better yet, a sleek biker jacket!
4. Wise Words: Picking up where Alexander Wang left off in New York, designers at Undercover, Kenzo, Paul & Joe and Dior got literal with their brand messages this season, presenting collections emblazoned with words and interesting phrases. Of course, the trend’s shining moment was on the runway er, carousal at Marc Jacobs’ final Louis Vuitton show, where mesh leggings were inscribed with the brand’s name. If you ask us, that collection said it all!
5. Pretty Pleats: There’s just something about a feminine pleat that feels so right during those sunny spring days. This season, expect to see a lot of pretty Parisian-style pleats of all shapes and varieties. They were light and asymmetrical at Christian Dior; oversized and sculpted at Issy Miyake; and sheer and seductive at Celine. Take your pick!
Miley Cyrus is the latest celebrity to strip down for fashion photographer Terry Richardson, but could this be his most controversial shoot yet? ~ Grazia UK
Kidult, the self-described “problem child” graffiti artist who’s battled it out with Marc Jacobs, has found his next victim: Chanel’s Paris flagship! ~ Daily Mail
Get the first look at Rita Ora’s ab-tastic new DKNY ads! ~ The Cut
Cambridge Satchels are making a comeback this season thanks to a little help from the certified Queen of Punk, Dame Vivianne Westwood! ~ Nylon
A year after his surprise departure from Diane von Furstenberg , French designer Yvan Mispelaere has been announced as the design director of Roberto Cavalli! ~ Telegraph
Salvatore Ferragamo is launching a new short film series on its website next week, featuring romantic, shoe-filled adventures from LA to Florence! ~ WWD
Have you heard Kate Moss’s debut single? No? Well, what are you waiting for?! ~ Modelinia
In celebration of #shoptober, we’ve been on the prowl to bring you the best leather jackets of the season to complete your fall wardrobe. There’s no denying that LJW (leather jacket weather) is here and there’s no better time to shop the looks of our favorite fashion mavens. Read the rest of this entry »
Like a great LBD, or a classic Manolo pump, Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet is a classic for all ages. For centuries, artists have found new ways to reinterpret the timeless love story, most recently in the form of another film adaptation starring Hailee Steinfeld and Douglas Booth, and a hit Broadway production starring Miranda Kerr’s hubby, Orlando Bloom. Still, as excited as we are to check out both of these modern-day revivals, we’ve always felt that there was a serious lack of models being cast in the role of Juliet. Thankfully, Carine Roitfeld has just changed all of that!
For her latest fashion story in Harper’s Bazaar, Carine dreamed up a stunning spread that places a few of today’s gorgeous top models into the legendary female role . Partnered with their own dashing Romeo-type, Adriana Lima, Bar Refaeli, Irina Shayk, Tao Okamoto and Magda Laguinge pay homage to the famous star-crossed lovers, all the while modeling some of the best looks from the Resort ’14 collections. As expected, the editorial is bursting with drama and romance, as each ill-fated duo appears to be caught in a passionate PDA moment. Eat your heart out Romeo!
The shoot will be published is all 29 editions of the magazine this November, but why wait until then? Check out more photos of Bazaar’s sexy star-crossed lovers below:
Read the rest of this entry »
Earlier this week, we ran through our list of the must-have boots for fall with model-approved options ranging from Karolina Kurkova‘s knee-high Salvatore Ferragamo boots, to Liu Wen‘s classic Coach booties. But when it comes to this season’s lady-like shoe options, we have someone entirely different in mind. Meet Sarah Flint: the upcoming New York-based designer who’s debut Fall’13 collection has already garnered some worthy industry attention.
Having first spotted Flint’s uber-chic black cutout ankle boots on Heidi Klum last month at New York Fashion Week, we’ve quickly become obsessed with the made-in-Italy collection. Inspired by classic silhouettes of the 1940s and structural details common of Japanese origami, the cohesive collection focuses on elegant-yet-wearable styles that include wedge heels and flats with delicate cutouts (priced at $650 and $545 respectively), as well as timeless round-toe boots in luxe nappa leather ($995).
With years of intense training at Parsons, FIT, and Ars Sutoria in Milan under her belt, and having studied under the brands of Diane von Furstenberg and Proenza Schouler, we expect to be seeing much more of Flint in the future, if not on our own feet, then certainly on those of our favorite trend-setting models!
For more gorgeous shoe options, check out sarahflint.com