Fast fashion chains. Department stores. Mega malls. Pop-up shops. When it comes to shopping, every women has her list of go-tos — models included! Hardly a weekend goes by that we don’t catch sight of a familiar model face browsing through the racks of a top-rated boutique, or perusing through the designer duds neatly arranged on a shop table. If their killer street style is any indication, then clearly these lovely ladies have been shopping at all of the right places and luckily for all of you, we’ve taken note! From New York City to Miami and Los Angeles, we’ve rounded up several of the country’s top-rated boutiques frequented by the models time and time again. Catch Erin Heatherton and Chrissy Teigen spending time at Barney’s New York, or Rosie Huntington-Whiteley paying The Reformation a visit. Vacationing in Miami? Check out the city’s renowned boutique, The Webster, and we’re sure you won’t be disappointed by neither the model clientele, nor the top-notch wares. And wherever you are, don’t miss the perennial model-favorite Curve boutique — the ultimate shopping destination for models and shopping enthusiasts alike. Now, get those credit cards ready because just one look at our list of shopping hotspots below and trust us, you’ll be more than ready for some retail therapy of your own!
New York City:
- Curve Boutique: With stores in NYC, LA, Sag Harbor, San Francisco and Miami, Curve is considered the ultimate shopping destination from coast to coast. Most recently, supermodels, Heidi Klum, Alessandra Ambrosio, Bar Refaeli, and Karolina Kurkova have shopped the store founded by famed stylist Nevena Borissova. Along with celebrating its 15-year anniversary this year, Curve is also unleashing a new limited-edition collaboration featuring such designers as Thierry Mugler, Viktor & Rolf, Pamela Love and Jenni Kayne, set to hit stores this Spring and Fall 2013. The boutique itself is beautiful (see above photo for the proof), ensuring a pleasant shopping experience at each of its premiere locations. And, with a standout collection of cutting edge labels and unique finds— think Alexander McQueen, Balmain, and IRO— Curve proves itself to be among the crème de la crème of shopping hotspots!
- Barney’s New York: Barney’s is essential the final word in edgy, designer fashion, so naturally it’s played host to more than its fair share of famous catwalkers. Head downstairs for the boutique’s range of sophisticated, luxury lines including Prada, Chloe and Isabel Marant, or check out the Co-Op department upstairs, where you’ll find T by Alexander Wang, Helmut Lang and A.P.C staples. Supermodel Naomi Campbell has stopped by the shopping mecca in the past, as have Erin Heatherton, Chrissy Teigen, Alessandra Ambrosio and Magdalena Frackowiak.
- Opening Ceremony: Headed by Carol Lim and Humberto Leon, Opening Ceremony is ubiquitous with fashion cool-kids, calling together a loyal cult gathering of celebrities and models including Erin Wasson, Abbey Lee Kershaw and Lily Donaldson. With a knack for housing A-list fashion collaborations and homegrown talents such Proenza Schouler and Rodarte, it’s easy to see why any fashionista worth her designer shoes has strutted in this SoHo locale at one point or another.
- BLK DNM: Known for its classic model off-duty wares including cool denim and custom leather jackets, this Lafayette locale is a known favorite of Gisele Bündchen, who was spotted shopping there not even a month ago!
- Acne: While you’re probably familiar with the Stockholm-based company’s line of denim, did you know that is also responsible for the production of music videos, films and a twice-yearly arts magazine called Acne Paper? It’s true! The SoHo location draws creatives of all kinds— not to mention a number of model-types including Hanne Gaby Odiele— serving up a mix of functional basics for both sexes: cotton T-shirts, tailored dress shirts and of course, their signature slim-fitting jeans!
- The Reformation: This bi-coastal outpost offers a truly one-of-a-kind experience, using reinvented vintage wares and surplus materials to create limited-edition collections coveted by environmentally aware SoCal natives and top models alike. Victoria’s Secret models Erin Heatherton and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley are among the numerous celebs that have visited the site looking for everything from leggy mini dresses to motorcycle jackets and denim cut-offs.
- Kin: Located in Hollywood, Kin offers a host of both high-end and contemporary brands including everything from Philip Lim and Barbara Bui to Vermeat, a unique jewelry collection that is one of our personal favorites.
- Fred Segal: This legendary LA landmark is more like several mini boutiques housed under one roof. Carrying ready-to-wear fashion labels and high-end pieces, as well as shoes, jewelry and even beauty products, one would be hard-pressed to walk out empty-handed. Just ask Alessandra Ambrosio!
- Just One Eye: This exclusive boutique is part shopping mecca, part art gallery and part antique shop. Along with a giant, gleaming white staircase, you’ll find goods by Kiki de Montparnasse, The Row and Alexander McQueen— not to mention an impressive collection of unique artworks, sculptures and photographs. This is truly where fashion and art collide!
- Maxfields: Another one of LA’s shopping staples, Maxfields is where shoppers like Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Hollywood starlets go to shift through racks of the season’s straight-off-the-runway pieces. Yohji Yamamoto, Rick Owens and Theyskens Theory can all be found here, along with a mixed bag of design pieces and worldly antiques.
- Satine: Located in West Hollywood, Satine offers an intimate shopping experience highlighted by hard-to-find pieces by the likes of Preen, Rebecca Minkoff, Lanvin and Dries van Noten. Over the years, Satine has played host to Hollywood’s finest— most notably Anne V, Rosie Huntington-Whitley, Erin Heatherton and Lily Aldridge— and has since launched its own standout in-house label!
- The Webster: When you think Miami shopping you think The Webster. Located in the heart of Miami, the famed Art Deco boutique is fashion devotee’s dream, offering everything from ready-to-wear apparel, to luxury sportswear, shoes and coveted accessories. Make like Joan Smalls and Jessica Hart, and sip on champagne while you browse through fashion finest and take in the unobstructed views of the beach.
- Oxygene Boutique: This Bal Harbor favorite has been visited by Adriana Lima and Elle Macpherson in the past, and continues to to draw an impressive crowd thanks to its finely curated collection consisting of Dior, Lanvin, and 3.1 Phillip Lim pieces.
- Alchemist: With an interior as gorgeous as its high-end collections, The Alchemist is something of a Miami staple these days, calling top Erin Wasson to its storefront. This sleek, minimalist space houses fashion’s top labels including Proenza Schouler, Isabel Marant and Haider Ackermann, and offers a view that speaks for itself.