1. Rust Colored Lips: The red lip gets an upgrade this season with flecks of burgundy and brownish undertones as seen on the runways at Zac Posen, 3.1 Phillip Lim and Vera Wang. The new rusty, brick-red shades are warmer than the glossy, cherry-red lips we’ve seen in seasons past, but are just as, if not more, flattering than their bright, strawberry-kissed counterparts.
2. Grunge Hair: Ladies, get ready to let your hair down next season! In contrast to Spring’s polished, ladylike updos, Fall’s biggest hair trend took its inspiration from the’90s grunge scene, where loose, textured tresses reign supreme. At Rodarte and Proenza Schouler, the hair was given a slight bend at the ends, creating a bit of a Kate Moss vibe, while stylists at Oscar de la Renta and Altuzarra created flat, middle parts devoid of any of the height and heavy styling of last season.
3. Graphic Liner: The eyes say it all, and this season they’re looking to get graphic and bold with it! From Gucci Westman’s floating Mod liner at rag & bone to Dick Page’s block-shaped cat-eyes at Michael Kors, there was no shortage of liner options to choose from this season. Use a little, or use a lot, either way you can’t go wrong with this party-ready look!
4. Bare Lashes: Ditch the mascara for Fall— yes, you heard us correctly— and go au natural like the lovely ladies at DKNY, Theyskens’ Theory and Lacoste. If heavy eyeliner isn’t your thing, then this look is for you! With the focus on even-toned, bare skin, lashes are getting a break this season with makeup artists opting for clean, color-less looks to compliment Fall’s wide range of moody gem tones and rich textures.
5. The Ponytail: They were high, low and everywhere in between this season, but one thing is for sure, the ponytail is the go-to do of the season! Although always a classic, this season the style is getting a bit of a modern upgrade with stylists at Alexander Wang, Donna Karan and Michael Kors crafting super sleek, minimalist versions of the updo. Looking to add even a little more edge to the downtown look? Why not try Wang’s two-toned version as seen here!