While some people let their old, unwanted jewels sit and rot at the bottom of their jewelry box, CIRCA has a whole other idea for those pieces deemed “unwearable.” The company, who just announced environmentally conscious supermodel Veronica Webb as their face of their sustainability campaign, is the leading global buyer of fine jewelry, diamonds, and watches with the mission that “every diamond returned to the marketplace is one less that has to be mined.”
In honor of Earth Day, Veronica spoke with us about the other ways she’s maintains her sustainable lifestyle, from the fashion that she wears to the food that she buys.
Here are Veronica’s 6 ways to live an Earth friendly lifestyle year round:
- When it’s a birthday, anniversary, or any occasion, I only buy recycled greeting cards or send E-cards.
- I buy vintage eyewear — resins and polymers used in frames are big offenders to the environment.
- Yes to Carrots and Level Cosmetics are organic beauty lines that I love, and they really work.
- Shop the Farmer’s Market! I’m a big fan of organic and locally sourced food.
- I wear sustainable couture from designers like John Patrick and I love the all-organic line of WISB by Hassan Pierre.
- Last, but certainly not least, recycle your unwanted jewels by selling them to CIRCA!